Ios build is failing during deployment

My IOS build is failing when deploying. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Can someone help? My app number is 21005.

Hi Krishnan - so that we can help, can you please post the error you’re seeing in the logs?

Hi Anand,
I can see only “iOS build is failed” message in activity, No more logs available here.

@dmitrii.k I am the other developer on this project. The client is asking for iOS build as priority. There is nothing much in the server logs apart from the image which is posted in previous post. Could we try to solve this asap please?

@anand please help us out here. The client needs an iOS build. This if for Chefmate project.
@bogdan0 CCed.

The error is

The iOS Simulator deployment target ‘IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET’ is set to 7.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 8.0 to 13.1.99.

You’ll have to update all the build targets to at least 8.0.

Hi Team,

We have updated deployment target for iphone to 9.0 but still ios build getting failed.

config.build_settings[‘IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET’] = ‘9.0’.

CCed
@naveen.vasudevan , @bogdan0

@Crowdbotics_Dan @dmitrii.k we set the target version to 9 but it didnt work for us too. And also we cant see the logs, could you please tell us what is it this time ? Thanks

@tony Could you take a look at this today? This is the error:

> Task :app:mergeDexRelease
AAPT2 aapt2-3.5.3-5435860-linux Daemon #0: Idle daemon unexpectedly exit. This should not happen.
> Task :react-native-community_toolbar-android:verifyReleaseResources
> Task :react-native-contacts:mergeReleaseJavaResource
> Task :app:packageRelease

AAPT2 aapt2-3.5.3-5435860-linux Daemon #7: Idle daemon unexpectedly exit. This should not happen.
AAPT2 aapt2-3.5.3-5435860-linux Daemon #3: Idle daemon unexpectedly exit. This should not happen.

> Task :app:assembleRelease
> Task :react-native-contacts:transformClassesAndResourcesWithSyncLibJarsForRelease
> Task :react-native-contacts:bundleReleaseAar
> Task :react-native-community_toolbar-android:assembleRelease
> Task :react-native-fbsdk:extractReleaseAnnotations
> Task :react-native-contacts:mergeReleaseResources
> Task :react-native-contacts:verifyReleaseResources

AAPT2 aapt2-3.5.3-5435860-linux Daemon #8: Idle daemon unexpectedly exit. This should not happen.

> Task :react-native-contacts:verifyReleaseResources FAILED

I did some searching and haven’t determined what would cause this.

iOS build failed because of coding:

:x: /Users/distiller/build/node_modules/react-native-gesture-handler/ios/Handlers/RNPanHandler.m:212:43: use of undeclared identifier ‘UIScrollTypeMaskAll’
recognizer.allowedScrollTypesMask = UIScrollTypeMaskAll;

Android build failed because of recent changes 1d4c9c6

Please make sure we can make builds successfully on local

Hi @tony

After degrading the version of react-native-gesture-handler library, android build run successfully but ios is still failing.
I refer below blog

Not sure reason for IOS build failure. Please look into it.

Thanks,
Krishan

@Crowdbotics_Dan @tony please guide us.

@Crowdbotics_Dan and @tony I just want to resurface this issue, can you provide some additional guidance? Thanks.

It still has the same iOS build error Tony listed above.

[06:20:09]: ▸ Compiling RNPanHandler.m
[06:20:09]: ▸ ❌  /Users/distiller/build/node_modules/react-native-gesture-handler/ios/Handlers/RNPanHandler.m:212:18: property 'allowedScrollTypesMask' not found on object of type 'RNBetterPanGestureRecognizer *'
[06:20:09]: ▸       recognizer.allowedScrollTypesMask = UIScrollTypeMaskAll;
[06:20:09]: ▸                                                           ^
[06:20:09]: ▸ ❌  /Users/distiller/build/node_modules/react-native-gesture-handler/ios/Handlers/RNPanHandler.m:212:43: use of undeclared identifier 'UIScrollTypeMaskAll'
[06:20:09]: ▸       recognizer.allowedScrollTypesMask = UIScrollTypeMaskAll;

@Crowdbotics_Dan why can we see the logs in the dashboard is it a known bug for it?

@tony @Crowdbotics_Dan @dmitrii.k guys, we are not sure how to proceed with this. Please refer to @krishan.gandhi previous thread and also the reference in Stackoverflow for it.

@krishan.gandhi what is your xCode version? please find info here

Latest release (1.9.0) breaks build · Issue #1235 · software-mansion/react-native-gesture-handler · GitHub

@naveen.vasudevan it is not an issue of CB app. we need @krishan.gandhi to resolve the issue on his local environment first

1 Like

@tony thanks… @krishan.gandhi please look into this.